A Century Of English Song | Volume I
This series includes songs by composers who may be little known outside specialist circles but who have achieved something distinctive in this field. Many of these songs, and some by well-known composers, have long been out of print. Although several publishers now offer an authorized photocopy service, the problem is often knowing of the existence of a song, rather than of obtaining a copy of it.
To keep costs to minimum, use has in many cases been made of the original engraving (corrected where necessary), even where this may lead to a somewhat uneven result visually. The intention is to get these volumes into the hands of performers of all ages at an economic price. There is, above all, a simple missionary purpose: to enthuse, encourage and (in the best sense) educate.
Innehåll för: A Century Of English Song | Volume I
- Gavotte [Howells, Herbert]
- From A City Window [Parry, Hubert]
- Adrift [Bantock, Granville]
- The New Ghost [Vaughan Williams, Ralph]
- How Should I Your True Love Know? [Quilter, Roger]
- The Cherry-Blossom Wand [Clarke, Rebecca]
- A Song Of Shadows [Armstrong Gibbs, Cecil]
- Wind’s Work [Benjamin, Arthur]
- Out In The Dark [Rubbra, Edmund]
- A Melancholy Song [Hopkins, Antony]