The Russian Collection
A superb 160 page volume packed with solo Piano arrangements of great Russian music from the 19th to the 20th centuries.
A specially written foreword places the music in historical and national context and includes biographical details of many of the featured composers.
The arrangements are intended for the intermediate to advanced player but the book will give any pianists a unique practical and historical insight into Russia’s immense contribution to the international world of music.
Innehåll för: The Russian Collection
- Nocturne (String Quartet No.2) [Borodin, Alexander]
- Polovtsian Dances (Prince Igor) [Borodin, Alexander]
- Canzonetta [Cui, César]
- Autumn: Petit Adagio (The Seasons Op.67) [Glazunov, Alexander]
- Prelude (Trois Morceaux Op.49 No.1) [Glazunov, Alexander]
- Violin Concerto In A Minor Op.82 Movement II (Opening) [Glazunov, Alexander]
- Capriccio On Russian Themes [Glinka, Mikhail]
- Overture (Ruslan And Lyudmila) [Glinka, Mikhail]
- Prayer: ’My Thoughts Are Heavy’ [Glinka, Mikhail]
- Valse In E Flat [Glinka, Mikhail]
- Sabre Dance (Gayane) [Khachaturian, Aram]
- In The Clearing Op.23 [Lyadov, Anatoly]
- Gopak (Sorontchintsy’s Fair) [Mussorgsky, Modest]
- Marina’s Aria (Boris Godunov) [Mussorgsky, Modest]
- Promenade (Pictures At An Exhibition) [Mussorgsky, Modest]